
Jonathan made it down to visit, and since he was visiting the Grand Canyon State, we needed to make the trip to the must-see Grand Canyon. Going to the Grand Canyon the weekend before with the girls, I felt like a tour guide! We got to the Grand Canyon on Friday night just in time for sunset, so we decided it would be worth seeing; it most certainly was. The Grand Canyon at sunset is a beautiful site. That night it was an Arizona blizzard (nothing what you are experiencing in the midwest), but for me who hasn't seen snow for quite some time, I was pretty excited (Jonathan was just glad he wasn't in MN).

Saturday morning we woke up early and made our way to the Grand Canyon for a day hike. We were planning on doing the Bright Angel Trail, but when we spoke to one of the workers, he said we would be lucky if we saw any sun on the Bright Angel Trail. Since it was only 23 degrees outside, we decided the more sun the better. So, we did South Kaibab Trail. I know I just did it the weekend before, but I didn't want to be miserable and cold the whole day; besides, the Grand Canyon at one angle is pretty similar at a different angle.



Since it snowed the night before, the trail was snowy and slippery; making it a little more interesting. The hike and views were phenomenal, and while in the sun, it was very comfortable (to the point we could take off hats and gloves). We made it past skeleton point an additional 1/2 mile where we sat to have lunch. We hiked about 7 miles in about 4.5 hours with an elevation change of 2300 ft.
Great day at the Grand Canyon; even the 2nd time; even the same trail. It was phenomenal the second time, and I am sure it would be breath-taking the 3rd time.
No comments:
Post a Comment