After picking Jenny up at work, we headed to Camelback Mtn. for an early evening hike. The trail was fairly challenging, but the view at the top was amazing. We returned home and grilled steaks for supper. Perfect meal after a hike!!

Tuesday:
I drove to Fitch Park in Mesa, AZ to catch the Cubs spring training practice. The weather was excellent and my favorite players were only a few feet away from me. I even gave Pinella some pointers on how to manage the squad this year (ok, so I'm exagerating, but I was close enough to hear the players' conversations as they went through the "rigors" of baseball practice). For those Cub fans out there, here's a breakdown of the practice highlights: a svelt Wood threw bp to DLee, Jacque Jones, and Matt Murton, Soriano worked on his new center field position, Prior looked agile while taking grounders off the mound, and Big Z took some healthy cuts in the batting cage. It was awesome!!

Jenny called me at the end of practice to tell me she'd be done early so we decided to have a picnic at the White Tank Mountains on the west side of the "Valley." After our lunch, we went on two hikes: Waterfall trail--minus the waterfall (it really is a desert), and Mesquite Canyon. We highly recommend the White Tanks for those looking for a wide variety of mtn. hikes in the Valley.



Wednesday (Jenny's perspective):
I got off work at my normal time (3:30pm) and came home to find Jonathan busy at work. We decided to enjoy the beautiful day and play miniature golf. Believe it or not, we actually tied! I thought for sure I would win, but my last 9 holes were bad, and Jonathan played well. It was a fun way to enjoy the a beautiful day.

Then, we went out to eat at the Pink Taco for mexican. The food was delicious and authentic; not to mention the margaritas are certainly famous for a good reason.
Thursday:
Jonathan spent the morning catching up on sleep and doing laundry. I came home for lunch long enough for Jonathan to take me back to work so he could have the van to be able to climb Squaw Peak in the afternoon. He drove to the mountain, made it to the top, and back to get me before I got off work, only 3 hours later after he dropped me off! He said the view was awesome, and it was the perfect day for yet another hike.
On Jonathan's last night here, we decided to have burgers on the grill, since it is evident he won't be grilling anytime soon in Minnesota with their new 2-feet of snow!!
The END: it has been a great week with lots of hiking, lots of eating of good food, and spending time together. Only a few short weeks left here in Phoenix, then I will be home in Minnesota for good.
1 comment:
SO glad that Jonathan did make it despite the storm(s). Hopefully a safe trip home too. You two were busy and I'm glad you got to spend time together and relax. Forgot that spring training would be happening --what a fun thing for Jonathan to do. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment